Thursday, January 31, 2013

ten Commandments of curly hair Article in Allure


So I came across an article in Allure Magazine this week the title is Curls Gone Wild written my Lexi Novak . She gives us the 10 commandments of Curly hair.  I have natural curly hair and I the girl that straighten her hair all the time because I don’t like my curly frizzy hair, for the past year and half I’ve hated my curls so much I been doing a couple Smoothing Treatments the first was Thermafuse amino fusion smoothing treatment, and Bio ionic agave smoothing treatment that I don’t at the salon. I now also wear my hair shorter than before. So as my hair is growing out I am departing on going all natural and bring out my curls or keep on doing the treatment... But then I came across this article so maybe I’ll try this for a while.   This is a breakdown of the 10 Commandments of curly hair.

1 Wash your hair less-or not at all .(her words not mine) The best way to wash curly hair is with 100% sulfate-free shampoo this kind of shampoo is always good for your hair shampoos the have sulfates strips your hair as it cleans in that is why it lather . It also strips your hair color. The article also says to wash your hair with Conditioner witch is called Co-washing   umm something new... Another thing that I think that would work is Dry shampoo. TiGi has an awesome Dry shampoo that I use, since I have dark hair I like this one because it doesn’t get dusty looking in my hair.  Ill post a picture of it below

2 Condition, condition and Condition. This helps keep the curls moisturized. The curlier the hair the longer it for natural oils to travel from the scalp to the ends. That why your hair looks dry at the ends.

3. Style your hair when it’s sopping wet.  Hands off your bath towel.

4 Limit Alcohols. (jeje) Styling Products with high alcohol in them sucks out the moisture in your hair and can cause split ends

5.  Leave it alone. The more you manhandle your curls the more you ruffle the cuticle and it creates Frizz. In the article it says use a microfiber towel to dry your hair and blot.

6. Don’t blow dry without a diffuser.   I did go to sally and this week they have a universal Diffuser for 12 buck and it collapses for easy storage.

7. Throw out your brush.  Wide tooth combs are awesome

8. Always get a dry cut..  Ok as a stylist I can go both ways with is.  I cut a lot of my curly hair clients wet because I am using a razor and if you cut your hair dry with a razor it will Explode your cuticle   no good .

9. Take down the heat.  This is good for ALL hair types

10. Switch to a silk pillowcase.  The article says that cotton soaks up the moisture in your hair causing it to frizz.

 

 
www.allure.com

No comments:

Post a Comment